Community GuidelinesLast Updated on April 04, 2022
The website located at https://fancode.com and the mobile application FanCode (the “Platform”) are owned and operated by the Sporta Technologies Private Limited (“Company”).
The users of the Platform can post, comment, discuss, and connect with other people on the Platform. These guidelines (“Community Guidelines”), set out below provide general guidance and an overview of what is and what is not permitted on the Platform. These Community Guidelines apply to any content uploaded, hosted, transmitted, or otherwise made available or communicated on the Platform by users (“Content”). Use of the Platform constitutes the user's acceptance of these Community Guidelines as may be amended from time to time.
While the Company has sought to make these Community Guidelines as detailed as possible, this is not an exhaustive list of policies. Any Content, if reported, shall be analysed independently based on the parameters mentioned in these Community Guidelines and the sole discretion of the Company. We urge you that if you find Content that indirectly or directly violates these Community Guidelines, please report it to the Company in the manner set forth herein.
I. Prohibited Content
The following types of Content are prohibited on the Platform and may warrant action from the Company.
Spam is any repeated, unwanted, unsolicited actions, whether automated or manual, that negatively affect the communities on the Platform. To avoid being a spammer, do not do any of the following:
- Post, share, engage with Content, or create accounts, groups, pages, events, either manually or automatically, at very high frequencies;
- Direct users of the Platform directly or indirectly to leave the Platform for another website by posting misleading content, re-directing users to defective pop-up websites or impersonating well-known brands;
- Link to harmful third-party content, such as malware, phishing websites, deceptive pop-ups, etc.
- Incentivise users to partake in some kind of monetary action for the purpose of gaining any unfair or undue advantage on the Platform;
- Program bots that harm the Platform, including bots intended to promote content, products or services;
- Post repetitive comments across the Platform multiple times without any context or post Content that includes the words “follow me” in standalone form. Do note, however, that genuine instances where the words “follow me” come up contextually and naturally will not be included in this category;
- Post repetitive Content or comments promoting other digital streaming and sports-content related platforms, Telegram or Whatsapp groups or repeatedly mentioning names of competitors on the Platform.
B. Misinformation or Scam
You do not have to use your real name on the Platform, however, your name must not include:
- Characters from multiple languages;
- Symbols, numbers including without limitation mobile numbers, unusual capitalization, repeating characters or punctuation;
- Words or phrases in place of name;
- Offensive or suggestive words of any kind;
- Competitors of the Company.
That said, we do require users:
- Not to impersonate others by using images with the explicit aim to deceive people;
- Not to create accounts for the purpose of violating our guidelines or misleading others.
- Not to use another person or organization’s name or details in a misleading manner;
- Not to post comments/ gifs and such other content that is likely to (i) deceive the public of the content’s origin, or (ii) establish a risk of harm to members of the public;
- Not to create accounts for minors or authorise creation of such accounts in violation of the Platofrm’s Terms and Conditions;
- Not to share an account with another person;
- Not to create another account after being banned from the Platform;
- Not to create an account assuming to be or speak for another person or entity for whom you are not authorised to do so;
- Not to use another person’s name, username, image, brand, logo, or other personal information; and
- Not to set up a user account using the name and image of a person, and then pretending that person is posting content or comments.
C. Violent and Criminal Behaviour
We remove any content that encourages violence or has the potential to contribute to real-world harm or attacks on anyone based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, disabilities or diseases. We vehemently prohibit hate speech, bullying and harassment and misinformation that contributes to the risk of imminent violence or physical harm. We try to consider the language and context in order to distinguish casual statements from content that constitutes a credible threat to public or personal safety.Do not post any of the following:
- Content that violates any applicable law, regulation, or court order;
- Statements of intent to commit violence or statements advocating violence;
- Content that encourages glorifies, incites, or calls for violence or physical harm against an individual or a group of people or animals;
- Threats that lead to serious injury towards private individuals, public figures, high-risk persons or high-risk groups;
- Content that praises or supports any criminal or terrorist organisations or individuals or any acts committed by them;
- Content that praises or supports hate crimes, organised violence, mass shooting, human trafficking groups etc.;
- Misinformation and unverifiable rumours that contribute to the risk of imminent violence or physical harm;
- Content encouraging participation in high-risk viral challenges;
- Content advocating vandalism, harm against property, theft etc.
- Content that encourages bribery, embezzlement, money laundering, scams or any other fraudulent activity;
- Content that facilitates or coordinates the exploitation of humans, including human trafficking;
- Content that encourages suicide, self-injury, self-mutilation including certain graphic imagery and real-time depictions of such acts;
- Display content that promotes drug consumption, or encourages others to make, use, or trade-in drugs or other illicit substances;
- Content that threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order.
We do not tolerate harassment, threatening, or bullying of any individuals on the dedicated to this behaviour. Do not do any of the following on the Platform:
- Target anyone by attacking them based on their status as a victim of sexual assault, sexual exploitation or domestic abuse;
- Threaten to release an individual's private phone number, residential address or email address;
- Abuse, use curse words or swear words in any language against any individual in a derogatory way or engage in targeted swearing;
- Make derogatory comments (including any unwanted, unsolicited or sexually colored remarks) against other users or any other individuals;
- Create pages or groups that are dedicated to attacking an individual;
- Call for self-injury or suicide of a specific person or group of people;
- Post content that mocks premature death, serious or fatal disease or disability, starvation, physical violence, domestic violence or serious physical injury;
- Make calls for death, serious disease or disability, or physical harm to a specific person or group of people;
- Attack a specific person or group of people through derogatory terms related to sexual activity;
- Post content about a violent tragedy, or victims of violent tragedies, that includes claims that a violent tragedy did not occur.
E. Hate Speech
We remove content that contains credible threats or hate speech or content that incites violence or promotes hate based on identity or vulnerability or certain characteristics such as race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, caste, sex, gender, gender identity and serious disease or disability.Do not post any of the following:
- Violent or dehumanising speech, statements of inferiority, or calls for exclusion or segregation targeting a person or specific persons;
- Content mocking events or victims of hate crimes;
- Content that describes or negatively targets people with slurs;
- Calls for segregation or political, social or economic exclusion of specific persons on the basis of their identity;
- Expressions of contempt, dismissal, disgust or generalisations about the inferiority of specific persons on the basis of their identity.
F. Copyright Violation
We require you to post original content and to refrain from posting content that violates someone else's intellectual property rights. Plagiarism of other users’ profiles or profile elements of other users is prohibited.
G.Security of the Platform
Attempts to gather sensitive personal information by deceptive or invasive methods are harmful to the authentic, open, and safe atmosphere that we want to foster. Therefore, we do not allow attempts to gather sensitive user information through the abuse of the Platform. Do not do any of the following:
- Hack the Platform or encourage users to hack the Platform or engage in any other activities that threaten or compromise the security of the Platform;
- Gain or attempt to gain access to any account or user data other than your own without explicit permission from the account owner;
- Disseminate any individual’s personal or confidential information including but not limited to PAN card, bank details, AADHAR card, telephone number, email address, residential address etc;
- Encourage or deceive users and entities to download or run files or programs that will compromise a user’s online or data security. Such files and programs will be deemed to install malicious software or "malware" if they harm or gain unauthorized access to a computer, device, or network;
- Distribute files that contain viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other materials that are malicious or harmful;
- Attempt to obtain the sensitive information of others such as usernames, passwords, or other personal information, through deceptive means or the use of malicious software or websites;
- Publicly share your own or another user’s login information on the Platform or through a third-party service;
- Post Content that provides tips or encourages hacking of the Platform or engages in any other activities that threaten or compromise the security of the Platform;
- Create, share, or host malicious software or malicious browser extensions to compromise accounts or gain access to user data or to interrupt the efficient functioning of the Platform.
H. Offensive Language & Visually Inappropriate Content
We have zero-tolerance for predatory behaviour towards minors or posting sexual or suggestive content involving minors or someone who appears to be a minor. We remove content that depicts, threatens or promotes sexual violence, sexual assault or sexual exploitation. We remove content that displays, advocates for or coordinates sexual acts with non-consenting parties. Do not post any of the following:
- Content that depicts encourages or promotes paedophilia, child sexual exploitation, or otherwise sexualizes minors or someone who appears to be a minor;
- Content that consists of any form of sexual touching, crushing, necrophilia or bestiality, or forced stripping or mocking victims of such acts;Details about any adult commercial sexual services or prostitution activities, including requesting, offering or asking for rates for escort services.
- Content that consists any nudity, pornography, whether consensual or non-consensual.
- Any sexually explicit or derogatory language is strictly prohibited.
II. Reporting and Consequences
Each of us is an important part of the FanCode community. If you see any post, or comment or receive any message that you think may violate these Community Guidelines, please report such Content by writing to us at FanCode Helpdesk. When reporting Content, try to provide as much information as possible, such as links, usernames, descriptions and the reason for reporting the Content. The Company shall review the post or comment and shall provide warnings via emails, remove entire posts if they are found to violate the Community Guidelines or our Terms and Conditions, temporarily or permanently ban and/ or block users who post objectionable Content or report such behaviour to relevant authorities, helplines and third party experts, at the sole discretion of the Company.
For the avoidance of doubt, it is pertinent to mention that the Company reserves the right to automatically block a user from commenting, posting in a group chat, sending direct messages on Platform if it is observed that the user has violated these Community Guidelines.